The past summer has been a tough one for me. I learned a lot about life and about myself. School came and I feel like things only got harder. I've learned that I don't know a lot about the human mind. Why do some people do what they do? Why do they make choices that hurt themselves and the people who love them? I've also learned that I don't know why I make plans...They always change anyways! I had a lot of things that I really looked forward to, now some of those things are changing a bit. I learned that the world is cruel. The world is evil and has evil people. I hate that evil things are so easily accessible and that evil is all around trying to lead people away. I learned that I trust people easily, I love people easily, and I don't like causing hurt in anyone's life. I learned that I can lose dear friends quickly. I learned that people are not always as forgiving or understanding as I would like. I'm still learning how to deal with heartaches that are inevitable, trials that are there to help us grow, and decisions that are scary and outcomes that are unknown.
I'm also learning that I have more faith than I thought I did. I'm learning about My Savior's Atoning sacrifice for me and He invites me to come unto Him. He can heal us. I'm learning that some people will be there for me, through thick and thin, no matter what. I'm learning that a little hope and one little light in the dark can go a really long way. I'm learning that I need to trust, and when I can trust, I will get the happily ever after I so deeply desire. Knowing this doesn't make the trials any easier, but it makes the endurable. It makes the tears shed, the heartaches, the lonely times, the dark times, and the fear worth it. There is hope. There is light at the end of the tunnel. So come what may and LOVE IT!
Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days. D&C 24:8
Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God... I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not. D&C 6:21
Remember it's through those bad times that we really truly find ourselves! .. and when they are FINALLY over it's so amazing to look back and see what we made it through!
ReplyDelete